In December 2006, the “Champions for Children” volunteer program for UNICEF’s Change for Good program on American Airlines was born. Since then, Champions have collected more than $16 million to help UNICEF save and improve children’s lives. Every time you collect on flights or at Admirals Club lounges, you are making a difference in the life of a child. Below you can read about the tangible impact the notes and coins you have collected are making in the lives of children around the world.
2018 was another great year. You collected more than $1.1MM from generous customers through UNICEF’s Change for Good program on American Airlines!
This is an incredible achievement that would not have been accomplished without your ongoing dedication and commitment. On behalf of UNICEF and the many children you are helping, THANK YOU.
2018 collections are helping UNICEF save and improve children’s lives. More specifically:
- $285,750.65 will be supporting an Early Childhood Education program in Paraguay (that YOU voted for)
- $285,750.65 will be helping children who are the most vulnerable in the hardest to reach places across the world
- $205,949.98 will be going to support nutrition programs for children in the “dry corridor” section of Guatemala who are currently at risk of severe acute malnutrition
- $205,949.98 will be supporting water, sanitation, and hygiene programs in amazon of Peru
- $159, 601.36 went to supporting the most vulnerable children impacted by the Fuego volcano emergency in Guatemala
Thank you for your continued support of the world's children through your volunteer efforts for Change for Good!