UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories, helping to save and meaningfully improve the lives of children globally — focusing on the most vulnerable by providing health care and immunization, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA advances the global mission of UNICEF by rallying the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children and uphold their rights.
Independent Monitors Recognize UNICEF USA
UNICEF USA has been awarded GuideStar's Platinum Seal of Transparency, the highest rating, in recognition of the honesty and visibility we provide to supporters.
We've also earned a Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator, the best possible score for nonprofits, indicating to donors that they can confidently give to UNICEF USA as our passions and values are aligned with our supporters.
UNICEF USA's reported program expense ratio of 90 percent means we are a highly efficient charity, as defined by independent monitors. For every dollar spent, 90 cents goes directly toward helping children; we spend about 8 cents on fundraising costs and just under 2 cents on administration.
Organized under the laws of New York State as a not-for-profit corporation, the U.S. Fund for UNICEF d/b/a UNICEF USA is exempt from tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and qualifies for the maximum charitable contribution deduction by donors. Our Federal Identification Number is 13-1760110.
For more details, download a PDF version of our most recent financial statements and IRS forms below:
- IRS letter confirming our 501(c)(3) status (U.S. Fund for UNICEF)
I. Audited Financials
- 2021 - 2022 financial statement
- 2020 - 2021 financial statement
- 2019 - 2020 financial statement
- 2018 - 2019 financial statement
- 2017 - 2018 financial statement
- 2016 - 2017 financial statement
- 2015 - 2016 financial statement
- 2014 - 2015 financial statement
- 2013 - 2014 financial statement
II. IRS Form 990s (U.S. Fund for UNICEF)
- FY22 USF Form 990
- FY21 USF Form 990
- FY20 USF Form 990
- FY19 USF Form 990
- FY18 USF Form 990
- FY17 USF Form 990
- FY16 USF Form 990
- FY15 USF Form 990
- FY14 USF Form 990
III. IRS Form 990s (UNICEF USA Impact Fund for Children Inc formerly U.S. Fund for UNICEF's IKAC)
- FY22 IF4C Form 990
- FY21 IF4C Form 990
- FY20 IF4C Form 990
- FY19 IF4C Form 990
- FY18 IF4C Form 990
- FY17 IF4C Form 990
- FY16 IF4C Form 990
- FY15 IF4C Form 990
- FY14 IF4C Form 990
In addition, financial information may be obtained directly from state agencies.
Conflict, famine, disaster and refugee crises threaten children's lives and futures every day. UNICEF's work for children has never been more relevant or more urgent. Every year, UNICEF and partners:
- support the safe facility births of tens of millions of babies
- treat millions of children for severe acute malnutrition
- procure and deliver enough vaccines to immunize about 40 percent of the world's children
- respond to hundreds of humanitarian emergencies in dozens of countries
- reach millions of children affected by conflicts and other crises with education and learning support
- help connect tens of millions of people with sustainable sources of safe water for drinking, cooking and personal hygiene
- work with partners in 150 countries to prevent and respond to violence against children
Since its founding in 1947, UNICEF USA has raised a cumulative total of approximately $12 billion in donations, including gifts-in-kind, to help put children first.