Learn about UNICEF’s work around the world, campaigns you can join to raise your voice for and with kids at home and abroad, and all the meaningful ways you and UNICEF can UNITE to protect the rights of children everywhere. Check out our volunteer resources below:
Did you know that UNICEF was created in 1946 to provide lifesaving assistance to children who were devastated by World War II? Learn more about that history and other reasons why UNITING with UNICEF is the best way to put children first:
UNICEF programs are sometimes the only thing standing in between the world’s most vulnerable children and the dangers they face. Learn how UNICEF works to protect children and their rights:
- Adolescent Empowerment
- Child Protection
- Early Childhood Development
- Gender Equality and Girls' Empowerment
- Health and Immunizations
- Humanitarian Emergencies
- Children, HIV, and AIDS
- Social Inclusion
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH)
We need your help to reach government officials in Washington, D.C., and across the country on matters that affect the survival, protection, and development of children everywhere!
- Learn how you can advocate to keep issues affecting children top of mind among lawmakers in D.C.
- Get to know your Legislators
- Learn about Phone2Action
UNICEF UNITE makes it easy to join popular UNICEF USA fundraising campaigns, like Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF, or start one of your own!
- Find out how to host your own UNICEF USA fundraiser and events
- Find out exactly what your donation dollars can buy...$1 = 40 days of safe water for a child!
- Give a UNICEF Inspired Gift of lifesaving supplies in the name of a friend or loved one
- Shop for Good at UNICEF Market, where proceeds from every purchase support UNICEF's lifesaving programs
- Start your own Facebook fundraiser
- Supersize your impact with a Crowdrise Fundraiser
- Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF
Meet fellow UNITERs who share your passion for helping children, help UNICEF strengthen its partners, share your latest UNITE initiative with your personal and social networks.
- Get everything you need to know about hosting a panel discussion with a UNICEF expert
- Walk a mile in their shoes — those of children who spend hours every day fetching water for their families
— by hosting a Water Walk. Find out how to organize this great all-ages fundraiser with this UNICEF UNITE Guide
- Nothing makes the case for why we all need to put children first like sight, sound and motion.
Invite your friends to a UNICEF UNITE movie night and get useful tips for how to make it count for children in this
UNICEF UNITE Film Discussion Guide
Tell people about the challenges children face around the world — children struggling every day to survive, go to school, and escape conflict and disaster.
- Stay informed. Sign up at UNICEFUSA.org to receive updates about UNICEF's child survival programs and be the first to know about UNICEF's emergency relief efforts in natural disasters and conflicts