Our Finances: Efficient and Verified
Independent Monitors Recognize the U.S. Fund
The U.S. Fund also meets Charity Navigator's highest financial standards for charities. Out of every dollar spent, 90 cents goes toward helping children. We spend just 7 cents on fundraising costs, and 3 cents on administration.
Organized under the laws of New York State as a not-for-profit corporation, the U.S. Fund for UNICEF is exempt from tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and qualifies for the maximum charitable contribution deduction by donors. Our Federal Identification Number is 13-1760110.
In the interest of transparency, we offer the following documents for online viewing and downloading in PDF format:
- IRS letter confirming our 501(c)(3) status [PDF]
- 2014-2015 financial statement [PDF]
- 2013-2014 financial statement [PDF]
- 2012-2013 financial statement [PDF]
- 2011-2012 financial statement [PDF]
- 2010-2011 financial statement [PDF]
- 2010 form 990 USF [PDF]
- 2011 form 990 USF [PDF]
- 2012 form 990 USF [PDF]
- 2013 form 990 USF [PDF]
- 2014 form 990 USF [PDF]
- 2010 form 990 USF IKAC [PDF]
- 2011 form 990 USF IKAC [PDF]
- 2012 form 990 USF IKAC [PDF]
- 2013 form 990 USF IKAC [PDF]
- 2014 form 990 USF IKAC [PDF]
In addition, financial information may be obtained directly from state agencies.
Recognize Online Fraud
The U.S. Fund for UNICEF adheres to Internet industry standards and best practices when it comes to ensuring your online giving is safe and secure. Unfortunately, online fraud and scams have become more frequent.
If you suspect someone has contacted you fraudulently representing UNICEF, please be aware of the following:
- UNICEF never solicits funds to be sent via Western Union.
- UNICEF never strands its employees overseas, and never expects them to pay their own transportation expenses.
- UNICEF never fails to respond to the needs of an employee who is sick or injured.
- UNICEF never pays for employee vacations, and does not handle travel arrangements via third party payments.
- UNICEF never solicits representatives to accept donations with the promise of a commission.
- UNICEF never solicits individuals to forward donated merchandise overseas.
- UNICEF never participates in lottery awards.
For more information, we suggest the following websites: