Supporting UNICEF From Within the United States
Our volunteers are dedicated supporters of all ages and backgrounds living in the U.S. who educate, advocate and fundraise on behalf of UNICEF in their communities. Our vast network of volunteers have increased awareness on issues of child survival, advocated for children's rights, and raised or leveraged funds for UNICEF for over 60 years. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a volunteer, you can:
Learn about UNICEF’s work in over 190 countries and territories and how you, friends, family and community members can take action right here in the United States.
- Get started by attending one of our online volunteer trainings.
- Whether you are a teacher, parent or a volunteer passionate about education, TeachUNICEF provides free resources that can be shared with any child in your community on world issues.
Influence public policy and legislative action for the survival, protection and development of the world's children.
- Learn more about different opportunities to lead local advocacy efforts and rally constituents and policymakers to take action, including how to join a Congressional Action Team.
Organize a fundraiser or event in your community to support UNICEF’s work in putting children first.
- In addition to organizing your own, join other UNICEF supporters by viewing our Fundraiser/Event map to see what public UNICEF events are taking place right now in your area.
Action of the Month
Children deserve better. They bear no responsibility for the growing political differences in our world, yet the needs of refugee and migrant children have never been greater. Raise your voice for children. Wherever they are. Whoever they are. Whenever they need us:
- Spread the word by sharing our short film “The Shared Story of Harry and Ahmed” calling attention to the massive child refugee crisis
- Send your Representatives and Senators a letter – urge them to put children first in U.S. foreign policy by continuing Congress’ support for UNICEF
- Follow UNICEFUSA on all social media platforms and like, share, and comment