Supporting UNICEF From Within the United States
Our volunteers are dedicated supporters of all ages and backgrounds living in the U.S. who educate, advocate and fundraise on behalf of UNICEF in their communities. Our vast network of volunteers have increased awareness on issues of child survival, advocated for children's rights, and raised or leveraged funds for UNICEF for over 60 years. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a volunteer, you can:
Learn about UNICEF’s work in over 190 countries and territories and how you, friends, family and community members can take action right here in the United States.
- Get started by attending one of our online volunteer trainings.
- Whether you are a teacher, parent or a volunteer passionate about education, TeachUNICEF provides free resources that can be shared with any child in your community on world issues.
Influence public policy and legislative action for the survival, protection and development of the world's children.
- Learn more about different opportunities to lead local advocacy efforts and rally constituents and policymakers to take action, including how to join a Congressional Action Team.
Organize a fundraiser or event in your community to support UNICEF’s work in putting children first.
- In addition to organizing your own, join other UNICEF supporters by viewing our Fundraiser/Event map to see what public UNICEF events are taking place right now in your area.
Action of the Month
Hurricane Matthew is the worst storm to hit Haiti in decades and has endangered thousands of children in the region. UNICEF teams are on the ground providing life-saving support and putting children first. Below are 3 ways you can help:
- Keep up to date on the latest developments on this emergency, and share with others the 3 ways they can help children in Haiti.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and use #HurricaneMatthew.
- Host an Event + Fundraiser in your community with friends and family.
Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF
This October, Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF with your friends, family and community members! Order Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF boxes (deadline 10/24), take the challenge (mobile optimized) and join the UNICEF Kid Power Team to go on the Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF Mission!