Let Us Learn: a UNICEF initiative bringing innovative educational opportunities to some of the world's most vulnerable children.
Five countries — Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Liberia, Madagascar and Nepal – are targeting the most vulnerable children by sharpening the equity focus in both programming and monitoring of results. These children may live in remote areas, have disabilities or face social and educational exclusion. Some examples of current equity initiatives include:
- Ensuring Afghani girls have a second chance at completing primary school through accelerated learning programs.
- Enrolling children in Bangladesh with special needs in pre-primary education to ensure on-time enrollment and promote school retention.
- Building essential computer literacy and other 21st century skills of adolescents in Liberia.
- Empowering girls to transition to middle school in rural Madagascar.
- Creating multiple pathways to learning for out-of-school minority children in Nepal.