Help Every Child Survive and Thrive
You can play a vital role in the urgent fight to create a more equitable world where every child is healthy, educated, protected and respected. Join UNICEF USA in advocating on behalf of the world's children.
Join the fight to save children's lives
UNICEF helped reduce the world’s child mortality rate by nearly two thirds since 1990 — one of the greatest global success stories of our time — by increasing access to lifesaving vaccines, quality nutrition and other cost-effective interventions. Unfortunately, the impact of COVID-19 threatens to undo some of that progress.
- The pandemic has fueled the largest continued backslide in immunizations in thirty years with 5 million infants missing out on vital vaccines.
- Almost half of all deaths in children under the age of 5 are attributable to undernutrition. At a time when the price of livesaving ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) is increasing, the number of children suffering severe wasting is only growing.
Even before COVID-19, millions of children under the age of 5 were still dying from preventable causes — nearly half of them as newborns. And hundreds of thousands of women die from preventable and treatable complications during pregnancy and childbirth.
You can play a vital role in this urgent fight to ensure every child suvrives and thrives.
Join UNICEF USA in its support for:
- urging U.S. government political leadership and policies to end preventable child, newborn and maternal deaths
- holding the U.S. government accountable for the implementation of the Global Child Thrive Act, which mandates integration of early child development in U.S. foreign assistance
- prioritizing foundational learning and holistic programs to address the learning crisis and keep adolescent girls in school
- accelerating global progress against maternal and child malnutrition particularly wasting
To learn more about how you can help the world's children survive and thrive, visit UNICEF USA's Advocacy Action Center.