Join the fight to save children's lives
UNICEF helped reduce the world’s child mortality rate by nearly two thirds since 1990 — one of the greatest global success stories of our time — by increasing access to lifesaving vaccines, quality nutrition and other cost-effective interventions. Unfortunately, the impact of COVID-19 threatens to undo some of that progress.
- The pandemic has fueled the largest continued backslide in immunizations in thirty years with 5 million infants missing out on vital vaccines.
- Almost half of all deaths in children under the age of 5 are attributable to undernutrition. At a time when the price of livesaving ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) is increasing, the number of children suffering severe wasting is only growing.
Even before COVID-19, millions of children under the age of 5 were still dying from preventable causes — nearly half of them as newborns. And hundreds of thousands of women die from preventable and treatable complications during pregnancy and childbirth.
You can play a vital role in this urgent fight to ensure every child suvrives and thrives.
Join UNICEF USA in its support for:
- urging U.S. government political leadership and policies to end preventable child, newborn and maternal deaths
- holding the U.S. government accountable for the implementation of the Global Child Thrive Act, which mandates integration of early child development in U.S. foreign assistance
- prioritizing foundational learning and holistic programs to address the learning crisis and keep adolescent girls in school
- accelerating global progress against maternal and child malnutrition particularly wasting
To learn more about how you can help the world's children survive and thrive, visit UNICEF USA's Advocacy Action Center.