About UNICEF USA
UNICEF USA works in the U.S. to relentlessly pursue an equitable world for every child. We won't stop upholding the rights of all children and empowering every child everywhere.
UNICEF USA advances the global mission of UNICEF by rallying the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children. Together, we have helped save and meaningfully improve more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization.
- Over eight decades, UNICEF and UNICEF USA have boldly taken on the biggest, seemingly impossible challenges facing children and made great progress
- UNICEF USA knows sustainable change is attainable but can’t be achieved without a committed team of individuals, governments, corporations, young people and staff working together
- UNICEF USA knows that big problems need big solutions. Together with UNICEF, we harness our collective, global voice and energy to do more good, in more places, for more children than any other humanitarian and development organization
- UNICEF USA knows that sustainable change doesn’t happen overnight. It takes relentless commitment and tireless work, day in and day out, in some of the toughest, hardest-to-reach places
- UNICEF USA will never stop supporting UNICEF to develop smarter, more cost-effective solutions, scale up proven, data-driven programs; and harness new technologies to create measurable change for children
- UNICEF USA believes children should have a voice and role in shaping their futures and the futures of their communities
Why support UNICEF USA?
UNICEF USA has been awarded GuideStar's Platinum Seal of Transparency, the highest rating, in recognition of the honesty and transparency we provide to supporters.
UNICEF USA has earned a Four-Star rating from Charity Navigator, the best possible score for nonprofits, indicating that donors can confidently give to UNICEF USA as our passions and values align with our supporters.
UNICEF USA is included in CharityWatch's list of Top-Rated Charities.
UNICEF USA has been vetted by GlobalGiving, earning Superstar status for demonstrating the highest engagement and/or effectiveness over the past year.
Of every dollar spent, 90 cents goes toward helping children. UNICEF USA spends about 8 cents on fundraising costs and just under 2 cents on administration.
UNICEF USA is consistently the top national committee that funds UNICEF's work for children.
Why support UNICEF?
UNICEF operates in over 190 countries and territories with 13,000 dedicated staffers
With nearly eight decades of experience, UNICEF has helped save and meaningfully improve more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization
UNICEF responds to hundreds of emergencies every year
Operating the largest humanitarian supply warehouse in the world, UNICEF can ship lifesaving items anywhere within 72 hours
UNICEF’s buying power has lowered the cost of immunization and other health necessities
- Send us an email »
- Headquarters: 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038
- +1 (800) 367-5437