UNICEF Must Reads
A weekly news roundup highlighting the best of the FieldNotes blog and online coverage of UNICEF issues.
Best of the FieldNotes BlogFighting Ebola
- UNICEF is helping to contain an outbreak in Guinea that has killed at least three children.
- In a dispatch from South Sudan, UNICEF reports on conditions in the rainy season.
- How UNICEF delivers clean water during a crisis, from the Philippines to Syria to Central African Republic.
UNICEF Issues in the NewsWorth every penny
- A provocative argument in Quartz, on why the billions devoted to eradicating polio are well spent.
- In the BBC, analysis of the threat of a fresh polio outbreak in Syria.
- Amazing coverage on Frontline of the silent killer. Featuring interactive maps, new research and a portrait of abrave community in Swaziland.
- Social scientists crunch the numbers to predict civil unrest and mass violence. In the New York Times.
- How Sierra Leone transformed itself from a conflict-plagued state into a model of peacekeeping.
- The former president urges the U.S. to adopt the U.N. treaty to end discrimination against women.
And one more…Building a better toilet
- Innovations that take the loo to new heights, in the Christian Science Monitor.