Donating your car to charity can go an incredibly long way toward helping children in need. Read below on how do donate your vehicle (car, truck, SUV, boat, RV).
What is the best car donation program online?
By supporting UNICEF USA's online car donation program, you help support an organization that does whatever it takes to save a child. Your car donation will help more children receive charitable contributions in the form of food, food, and more.
UNICEF USA is dedicated to saving millions of children's lives. Your car donation makes it possible for UNICEF's skilled field staff and team of professionals to implement key strategies in crisis situations and in places with ongoing need. For over 70 years, UNICEF has been putting children first, working to protect their rights and provide the assistance and services they need, employing simple, affordable and innovative solutions to some of the most complicated problems children face - all of which can be helped greatly with your automobile donation.
Why donate your car, truck, van, SUV, boat, or RV to charity?
- When you give your car to charity, you may also qualify for a tax deduction.
- Your car donation makes a personal difference to so many; from birthing kits to help women have safe deliveries, to delivering vaccines to children worldwide, to portable School-in-a-Box kits to make classes possible almost anywhere.
- The work of UNICEF extends beyond the boundaries of other organizations, and will go a long way toward providing transportation assistance to those in need as helped by your vehicle donation.
- You can be sure that your car donation will go to an organization whose mission will continue until no more children die needlessly, anywhere. UNICEF USA will ensure that your car donation charity will be used to the fullest effect.
What types of vehicle donations are accepted?
We gratefully accept almost all car donations. We also accept most, trucks, vans, SUVs, snowmobiles, trailers, boats, personal watercraft (like Jet Ski's), motorhomes, RVs, motorcycles, ATVs, and other recreational vehicles. Boats and planes may require a call to see if they meet minimum criteria for vehicle donations.
Why your car donation is just the beginning:
UNICEF USA’s car donation program is just one facet of UNICEF USA's movement to save children's lives.
Donating your car to UNICEF USA is the fast, easy, way to ensure that your dollars reach children in need. UNICEF USA's organization is dedicated to bringing lasting changes to children in need. UNICEF's program maximizes every contribution and makes cars for kids a reality.
Start your car donation online now »
Click here to start the car donation process, or call us at 855.487.3863 (855.4 US FUND) to speak with one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives if you have any questions regarding your car charity donation, or additional questions or feedback regarding potential tax benefits for car donations.
More information about donating your car to charity:
- Your vehicle does not need to be running, however it must be whole and not missing any major parts, and must have all four tires with air, so that we can tow the car away.
- Your vehicle does not need to be registered in your name: The name on the title and the name on registration documents often differ. For more information, contact Car Donation Wizard's processing center at 1-855-487-3863.
- Depending on the value of your vehicle donated to our program, you might be eligible for a tax deduction.
- If the car is worth $5,000 or more, an independent appraisal may be necessary. The donor would fill out Section B of IRS Form 8283.
- Always consult your tax adviser or the IRS for more information about how you can claim charitable deductions. The IRS can answer your tax questions and can provide tax forms, publications, and other reading materials for further assistance. IRS materials are accessible through the Internet at www.irs.gov, through telephone ordering at (800) 829-3676
- As for charity allocation, UNICEF USA ensures that the lion's share of the value of your vehicle actually goes toward charity (generally 75% and higher), which is much higher than most other car donation programs found online.