Our Shut Out Trafficking initiative was created by The End Trafficking project at the U.S. Fund for UNICEF and the National Consortium for Academics and Sports in an effort to leverage resources and raise awareness about human trafficking in the United States.
The partnership launched by engaging 10 campus communities selected to participate during the 2014-2015 pilot year, and expects to reach at least 10 new campuses each year. Within the academic year, we will jointly implement programming designed to involve and support athletes, coaches, athletics administrators, and members of the general student body in raising awareness about and exposing the hidden injustices of human trafficking, both globally and on a domestic level. To learn more about the initiative, click here.
The following events at Arizona State University's Shut Out Trafficking program are open to the public, and we encourage anyone who will be in the area to attend.
- Friday, January 22nd: ASU Shut Out Trafficking Kick Off Event | Location: Memorial Union, North Stage | Time: 12-1:30pm
- Friday, January 22nd: Tabling at ASU Women's Basketball Game vs. Arizona | Location: Wells Fargo Arena | Time: 6-9pm
- Monday, January 25th: Tabling at ASU | Location: Memorial Union | Time: 11am-1pm
- Monday, January 25th: Not My Life film screening and discussion | Location: Carson Center, Dutson Theater | Time: 6:30-8:30pm
- Tuesday, January 26th: Panel Discussion on Human Trafficking | Location: Lattie F. Coor Hall, Room 174 | Time: 6-7:30pm
- Wednesday, January 27th: Hayden Lawn Human Trafficking Fair | Location: Hayden Lawn | Time: 11am-2pm
- Thursday, January 28th: Tabling at ASU Men's Basketball Game vs. Oregon State | Location: Wells Fargo Arena | Time: 6-9pm
Please contact Emily Pasnak-Lapchick at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.