FOR EVERY CHILD: ANNUAL REPORT HIGHLIGHTS
In 2020, the world was upended by the COVID-19 pandemic—and UNICEF was there to meet the moment. UNICEF worked day in and day out to protect children and families from the virus, mitigate its effects and respond quickly to those most in need. At the same time, UNICEF continued its ongoing work for children to help ensure decades of progress were not lost.
During Fiscal Year 2020, UNICEF USA helped enable UNICEF to:
- Ship 147.9 million gloves, 207.5 million surgical masks, 16.4 million N95 respirators and 6.9 million medical gowns to countries in need around the world
- Train 2.4 million+ healthcare providers to detect and treat COVID-19 cases, and disseminated prevention information to 3.1 billion+ people
- Work to reduce the burden the pandemic put on countries’ health systems and nutrition and vaccination programs. This included providing 4 million children under age five with treatment for severe acute malnutrition, and 39 million children with catch-up campaigns for critical polio vaccinations
- Respond to 281 humanitarian emergencies in addition to COVID-19—including vaccinating 41.3 million children against measles, providing safe water to 39.1 million people and offering mental health support to 3.7 million children
- UNICEF USA raised $631 million in support of children, the highest amount it has ever raised. Despite the pandemic, our generous supporters re-committed to children this year, allowing UNICEF to deliver for children when they needed it most. Thank you!
Inspired to make a gift to UNICEF USA?
NOTE: UNICEF USA's 2020 Annual Report highlights our work — and financial results — for Fiscal Year 2020 (July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020). Due to the demands of the COVID-19 pandemic, some statistics are also pulled from the remaining months of 2020 and early 2021.